call Sophie or Emily on020 3540 6658
ALL OUR FEES ARE FIXED AND AGREED IN ADVANCE.
When a family member or loved one dies, dealing with estate administration can be a daunting task and is often the last thing on a person’s mind. We offer an efficient, professional and above all personal service to make your life easier at such a distressing time.
The process of administering an estate is commonly known as ‘Probate’ and involves:
- ascertaining the value of the Deceased’s assets and liabilities;
- dealing with the Inland Revenue Inheritance Tax return;
- preparing the probate papers;
- applying to the Probate Registry for the Grant of Probate or Grant of Letters of Administration
- collecting in the assets of the estate and settling the liabilities once the Grant is received.
Probate will be required to:
- sell or transfer a house
- sell or transfer shares
- in most cases to close bank accounts
The assistance required by the Executors will depend on:
- the finances of the Deceased
- the terms of the Will
- the family circumstances
- how much work the Executors are willing or able to do